Toronto Skyline

Toronto Skyline
My new home!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Squirly's

Squirly's



 
The mermaid

A "Squirly’s" Treat!

I have found another new "treat" called, Squirly’s! This bar/restaurant is a place in Queen West that you can find a mix of people eating from a diverse menu, listening to a great mix of music and enjoying a microbrew from local areas. When you first walk into Squirly’s you may notice the red and black leopard chairs, paintings on the wall, graffiti downstairs and gigantic mermaid over the bar (picture above). It’s an eclectic spot that is a staple of great food at good prices throughout the week as well. One of my favorite deals is a $4 margarita drink special every Tuesday. I may have mentioned this before but I’ve been on the lookout for a fantastic margarita in Toronto since I left the US (Alero in Washington, DC has the best so far).

The other part of Squirly’s that I enjoy features a heated and covered back garden which is now open to the patio for the summer. The tables in the back garden incorporate the red and black leopard couches and artwork found inside as well. Squirly’s is honestly one of my favorite places to go for an easy night out in Queen West and I highly suggest it! 


Image Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/anomalyzer/page9/ , http://216.129.193.100/lifestyle/story.cfm?content=174004&archive=29,28,2010

No comments:

Post a Comment