Toronto Skyline

Toronto Skyline
My new home!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Huron Country Playhouse & Blood Brothers


The renovated Huron Country Playhouse! I'm here to see, "Blood Brothers"!



I just love Guys & Dolls!


"Theater" Treat!

This past weekend I was back in cottage country at Grand Bend. It was a beautiful weekend for some sun, relaxing on the beach, and theater! I didn’t know about the Huron Country Playhouse before but I must say it’s a great place to visit! 

I received a gift to see Blood Brothers which was a captivating musical about separated fraternal twin boys who fall in love with the same woman but go through serious obstacles in life (one boy is raised in a wealthy family while the other struggles during the onset of the depression). This tragic love story tears at the heartstrings as we see their friendship challenged by how they grew up and what they try to make out of life. Charlotte Moore, Amanda Leigh, Laura McCarthy, Paul McQuillan, and Tory Doctor really stole the show! They were fantastic! If you get a chance to see this production- I recommend it!

The Huron Country Playhouse itself is tucked away in Grand Bend and has been completely renovated to include another playhouse (picture above). The next productions for the 2011 season include, “How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying”, “Italian Funerals & Other Festive Occasions, “Blue Suede Shoes: Memories of the King” and “Guys and Dolls” (which is one of my favorites)! I had such a wonderful time at the theater- I look forward to seeing more shows here!

No comments:

Post a Comment