Toronto Skyline

Toronto Skyline
My new home!

Friday, July 15, 2011

The Lakeview, Tom Cruise, & Fried Mars Bars

 Tom Cruise in Cocktail: Elisabeth Shue works at "Jerry's Diner", which is the Lakeview in Toronto


 The Lakeview Restaurant Today

“Diner” Treat!

Last night I went to a newly renovated staple in Queen West called the Lakeview. It’s open 24 hours with an eclectic vibe that showcases great art, music, food (breakfast 24 hours), and drink specials. And something else about this place is that the movie Cocktail filmed there. If you remember the young days of Tom Cruise, then you would remember this 80s movie where Elisabeth Shue works at Jerry's Diner, which we now know is the Lakeview (picture above). And yes they even have Nachos Tom Cruise on the menu! Some other recent movies filmed there were scenes with Samuel L. Jackson for The Samaritan and recently spotted Robert Pattinson with Cosmopolis.

As part of the Thirsty Thursday Shenanigans, we went to the Lakeview late last night. One thing on the menu that I thought was quite funny was the fried mars bar dessert. I found it quite interesting that someone would fry a candy bar and slather it with ice cream but they do here! I was not the one to order it at our table but let’s just say someone did and the bite I had was delish! Who would have thought?! I’m not one for dessert (except crème brulee on occasion) but this was a very interesting mix of thinking “that’s disgusting”- but loving it once I took a bite! As my brother says, don’t say you don’t like something until you try it!

Image Source: http://thelakeviewrestaurant.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment