Toronto Skyline

Toronto Skyline
My new home!

Monday, July 11, 2011

Going Barefoot

As people were arriving (dressed for the event)- all heels came off!


 Remember the Sex and the City Episode: A Woman's Right to Shoes?

"The Barefoot Dress Code"

This past weekend I went to a party in Toronto and I learned a Canadian lesson: Never plan your outfit around your shoes. That may sound silly for some, but I have a wide variety of heels that I like to coordinate around my outfits. Now, to my defense I have learned that in Canada you always take your shoes off at the door (so your not tracking dirt around somebody’s house). However, I thought at least when people are dressed up for events in the city- one would not expect to take off your shoes as if we were sitting around the TV or something. Well, I learned quite quickly that I was the only girl still wearing heels at the party- and I took them off by the door (I didn’t want to be disrespectful). I was taken back by how many shoes had accumulated at the front door by then (picture above)!

This is something that I really have to get used to- but I feel that when you wear summer dresses- heels are a part of that outfit! I felt awkward padding around the event barefoot and to be honest the female leg looks much sexier in a heel! Looks like I’ll have to at least match my nail polish to my summer dresses when I go to an event in the city because I know (to my dismay) I'll have to leave my stiletto's at the door all night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment