Toronto Skyline

Toronto Skyline
My new home!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Pita Pit


Owner John Konstantinidis @ The Pita Pit on King Street

 "Healthy Treat"!

Today is a post about one of my favorite spots in Toronto called, The Pita Pit! It seems that everyone in Toronto knows of this chain, but for me- it’s a new spot that I just love to visit! An added bonus is that it’s open until 3am- so if you happen to be out (late night), there’s ample time to still get a pita!

One of the things I like about this "healthy treat" is that you can choose your meat (or vegetarian options), salads, grains, toppings, and dressings each time. No pita is previously made- so your pita is always fresh. Plus, they throw your selected ingredients on the grill first, which I feel adds to the flavor of your pita. The owner of the store on King Street in Toronto is, John Konstantinidis, and he moved from Queen Street to the King Street location 2 years ago. He helped me create a fantastic "Greek style" pita with: chicken breast, romaine, feta, sautéed mushroom, tomato, cucumbers, tzatziki, and olives. Yum! This is a must try location and a great spot for a quick and healthy treat. Thanks John for the wonderful hospitality- that pita was delish! νόστιμο τροφή!!


Image Source: http://pitapit.ca/consumer/corporate/news

No comments:

Post a Comment