Toronto Skyline

Toronto Skyline
My new home!

Friday, July 22, 2011

It’s Getting Hot Hot Hot!





Beat the Heat!

Toronto is finally feeling like the weather I’m used to in the States! Normally, I wouldn’t have thought Canada could get so hot in the summer- but I have been proven wrong! The temperature this week keeps climbing and our nights are filled with stagnant humidity. I’m still getting used to seeing Celsius on the news but this week has been quite an experience seeing what 40 degrees actually feels like. It’s hot out!

Even though the air-conditioning is running this is the first time since I have been here that it’s been on night and day. For me, (during late July) this is a joyous treat! Normally, the cool air would have been pumping the last month non-stop because extreme heat is what I’m used to. (Hey, DC was built on a swamp)!

I’m heading to the States this weekend, so I will be able to extend this heat wave experience as I continue to travel south. I hope it starts to let up soon, but at least I know a pool is waiting for me. Good luck beating the heat anyway you can!  


Image Source: http://blog.silive.com/weather/2008/06/the_weekend_weather_54.html

No comments:

Post a Comment