Toronto Skyline

Toronto Skyline
My new home!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Art Battle!

The Battle Begins!


"Battle Treat"!

I just learned about a great event called Art Battle featuring 16 painters that go head to head tonight at The Great Hall in Toronto 7:30pm. But you may ask- what is an "Art Battle"? According to their website, “Art Battle is live competitive painting. The audience watches, cheers, votes and bids in support of the artists and their paintings. All paintings created at AB are auctioned. Paintings that fail to meet the minimum bid may be destroyed”.

If you go to their website, this event looks really exciting to watch! I have never seen anything like this before- but with the brackets and competition that ensues each round- I’m sure it’s quite intense. I can’t even imagine the pressure and adrenaline rush that these artists go through while painting. I’m hoping to try and make it tonight if I can!


Image Source: http://www.artbattleto.com/#742636/Snapshots

No comments:

Post a Comment