Toronto Skyline

Toronto Skyline
My new home!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sea Jewels & Wimbledon Update #7


"Sea Jewels" Treat!

It’s almost Canada Day and I am back at Grand Bend for the weekend festivities! It’s a great chance to lie on the beach, soak up some rays, relax, and have cookouts and bonfires! (Yes, I will be making smores while watching the fireworks on the beach)! However, I will be making a trip into town to see one of my favorite stores in Grand Bend… Sea Jewels!

Most of my artwork at home comes from Sea Jewels. One of my favorite finds from Sea Jewels, is a large African mask wheel that takes up an entire wall- (it’s all hand carved out of a giant piece of wood). They make the most interesting jewelry, home decor, accessories, and clothing. Everything is shipped from overseas and they always have a great selection of masks, mirrors, and vases. And if you’re into burning a lot of incense (as I do), you can stock up on your Nag Champa! If you are in town, look for the store with the giant Buddha out front- and you know you are at Sea Jewels! I tell you one thing; it’s a store you will never leave empty handed! 




Wimbledon Update #7

Another great day for tennis! Sharapova pulled out a win over Lisicki 6-4, 6-3. I’m happy to see her in the final. Sharapova will play Kvitova tomorrow who defeated Asarenka in 3 sets 6-1, (3-6), 6-2. Tomorrow we will get to watch Nadal play British hopeful Murray and Tsonga play Djokovic. I predict that Tsonga may just get into the final- but we will have to wait and see! 

Image Source: http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/buddha-face-wall-hanging-wood , http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/photos/2011-06-30/201106301309449822071.html

No comments:

Post a Comment