Toronto Skyline

Toronto Skyline
My new home!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The CN Tower & Wimbledon Update #5


“Fear of Heights”

I’m in Toronto and one of the most recognizable structures in the skyline is the CN Tower. According to Toronto Place, The CN Tower “is the world's tallest building as well as Canada's most recognizable icon. At a height of 1,815 ft., 5 inches, the tower is the centre of tourism in Toronto”. I’m just going to throw it out there now- I will not be going anytime soon, because I’m afraid of heights! This ominous looking tower is a reminder to me that potentially one day I will overcome this fear and look out from the top of the structure. Well, maybe.

Two features that I would be very scared to try would be the glass floor and the “Edge Walk”. The glass floor is located at the top of the structure and you can literally see all the way down to the ground when standing upon it. I could never do that! If you are reading this and have already been up this tower- I am quite impressed! The second heart stopping new feature to the CN tower is the “Edge Walk”. It is the first of it’s kind in all of North America, but you can purchase tickets to literally walk around the outside of the tower (via a trolley and harness system)! Just thinking about this makes me nauseous! I’m sure that if you are a thrill seeker this is the perfect opportunity for you. For people that are just trying to look out the window from the top without freaking out (like me) this sounds crazy! If I can gather enough courage, one day CN Tower, I will face my fear of heights and get to the top.


Wimbledon Update #5

Wimbledon is starting out to be an epic day (ladies Quarter Finals). Lisicki and Bartoli battled it out in a 3 set match but Lisicki came out with the win 6-4, (7-6), 6-1. Upcoming matches today include Sharapova and Pironkova as well. If you are interested in doubles, it’s great to see Lisa Raymond still competing in doubles. (I have met her and her family multiple times since I was early teens playing tennis). She knows the game and is playing Wimbledon in mixed doubles with Dick Norman (BEL). Good for you Lisa! 

Image Source: http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/log/20110628.html

No comments:

Post a Comment