Toronto Skyline

Toronto Skyline
My new home!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Patios in the T.Dot!


"Outside Patio" New Treat!

Outside patios are marketed here at every restaurant and bar around the city. I have come to learn that when you spend your winter cooped up in doors (as I have yet to go through a winter myself) you will want to spend as much time outdoors while you can. So Toronto has a nickname of the “Patio City”.

A very casual and cozy patio place in Queen West is a little bar called, The Done Right Inn. It’s one of the first places that I went to (when I first got to Toronto) and it is a must see! The patio outside is arranged around a big tree that spreads its roots underneath all of the tables. It’s a great atmosphere to sit with friends and chill (underneath the leaves of the enormous tree). It makes you feel as though you aren't in the middle of the city while you are there! You can even grab a game of Jenga to play!

The next patio I found myself at was, Jack Astors. We were watching game 7 of the playoffs and this place was jammed packed with people! It had two large patio spaces where everyone could enjoy the game with their numerous TVs or on an outside projected screen. Long tables filled the patio area, so it’s an easy place to please a large crowd of people. I was able to see they have a great bar menu with piled high cheesy nachos and a delicious chocolate cookie banana dessert. Yum! I’m going to be on the lookout for more fabulous patios in Toronto this summer! 


Image Source: http://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2010/05/toronto_patio_guide_west_queen_west/

No comments:

Post a Comment