Toronto Skyline

Toronto Skyline
My new home!

Monday, June 13, 2011

Hockey & Playoffs!


"NHL" New Treat!

For me hockey wasn’t something that I grew up watching. My brothers are avid sports fans and we watched sports teams like the Celtics, Patriots, Eagles, Phillies, Nuggets, 76ers, and even Syracuse University Men’s Lacrosse (shout out to my brother here)! I was also brought up in a tennis household and we never missed watching the four Majors (also called the Grand Slams). However, it was not until college when I was really introduced to hockey and the NHL. When I lived in Washington, DC (for obvious reasons for those who know me) I became a Washington Capitals fan and loved attending live games.

Well, currently it’s playoff time in the NHL and tonight the Vancouver Canucks play the Boston Bruins. I must say it is the topic for discussion amongst many Canadians around me here in Toronto. The top news story often starts with hockey news here (as it was often barely shown within the first 10 minutes of a newscast in the States). What really intrigues me (while I'm watching this playoff series)- is when a goal is made, you can hear random cheers around town and honking of horns from cars in the streets! I’m wondering if every TV in Canada will be tuned in tonight to see if the Canucks can clinch the coveted Stanley Cup!


Image Source: www.sports-logos-screensavers.com/NHLLogo.html

No comments:

Post a Comment