Toronto Skyline

Toronto Skyline
My new home!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Mochas & Lattes






"Coffee" New Treat!

Maybe you overdid it yesterday watching the playoffs and need a good cup of coffee today? Finding the right coffee spot in Toronto can be a fun adventure but if you want a coffee chain (that tastes good) skip the Starbucks and go to Second Cup or Tim Hortons! I am an avid coffee drinker but I am used to the trips to Dunkin or WaWa- so these two spots are a wonderful substitution for my coffee cravings. To support our local coffee scene in Queen West, I also highly suggest Le Gourmand!

I have to say that when I was putting in my thoughts about where to live in Toronto, one of the reasons I liked where I am now was because there’s a Tim Hortons a block away! I’m not kidding. They have an expansive menu now but I love some Timbits to share (bite sized donut holes) with my coffee. Yum! I see people everywhere holding a Tims in the morning!

The next coffee shop to try is Second Cup. I can honestly say that they have the best Hazelnut Latte I have ever tasted! They also serve Rainforest Alliance Certified coffee, which helps, "improve the lives, lands, and livelihoods of coffee-growing communities". So while your drinking your cup of coffee you can feel good you are helping to support this cause. They also have great specials each week!

Le Gourmand is a coffee shop located in Queen West. Not only can you choose from many different coffees and lattes but also they have the biggest cookies you have ever seen! Literally, they are as big as your head. So whatever  “Cup of Joe” you prefer- you can find some great spots in Toronto! 



Image Source: http://www.theallareequal.com/2009/11/art-in-latte.html

1 comment:

  1. I am totally a Tim Horton's girl...cannot be in TO without my Timmy's. Their steeped tea double double with cream is pretty awesome too!

    ReplyDelete