Toronto Skyline

Toronto Skyline
My new home!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Funny Money & Wimbledon Update #4!


“Plastic Bills” New Treat

I have gotten used to using the very colorful paper bills and coins (for Canadian currency) over the years I have been visiting here. However, using it everyday I have gotten used to paying with “loonies” and "toonies" (two loonies) for things like my coffee each morning. The term "loonie" was adapted after the loon that was seen on the original dollar bill! I must mention here that I have yet to see a loon- but I am on the lookout for one! 

I have acquired a lot of change the past few weeks in which I deposit into a dish by the door. The nice thing about the “change dish” is that eventually you realize that you may have $12 sitting there in change without realizing it! Yeah! I know I’ve said it before, but it really does feel like I took out the Monopoly board game money when I open my wallet to the colorful array of purple, blue and green bills. But looking at all the same green currency of US money I really do like the different colors!


It seems as though I will have to get used to another change in currency here as the Canadian Government is going to switch to plastic bills next year (to replace the paper money) I have just become accustomed to! Just another new "Canadian thing" for this girl to get used to!



Wimbledon Update #4

Time for another update from Wimbledon! The Americans are falling off the draw as we only have a few left in this tournament. S. Williams pulled through this morning with a win against Halep in straight sets (3-6), 6-2, 6-1. The young hopeful with McHale (USA) lost in straight sets against Paszek (AUT) (4-6), (1-6). However, there is still hope for S. & V. Williams, Harrison, Isner and Roddick. If you're inclined to keep an eye on doubles matches, today is also jammed packed with first round matches. Another great day for tennis (I hope the rain holds out)! 


Image Source: http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/photos/2011-06-23/201106231308834106799.html,http://www.revnyou.com/Making_Money_in_Real_Estate_is_as_Easy_as_1-2-3.html

No comments:

Post a Comment