Toronto Skyline

Toronto Skyline
My new home!

Sunday, June 12, 2011

“Take Me Out to the Ballgame”


"Baseball & Beer" New Treat!

I have officially learned what a typical baseball “game day routine” may look like for me. After a quick stop at the LCBO we were ready to get the night started! I have been to the LCBO before but this is where you can buy your alcoholic beverages (such as hard liquor, beer and wine) in Ontario. No more running down the street to your local grocery store to pick up your beverages as I could before! Beer is also sold by, The Beer Store, which is owned by Molson Coors, Anheuser-Bush InBev and Sapporo Brewery. Great name right?! If you end up going there- you order your case like a fast food restaurant and pick it up at the counter. With over 350 beer selections to choose from, everyone is bound to leave happy!

After getting everything together it was time to head to my first Jays game! Let me first state that I will always be a Phillies fan, but I want to cheer on my new “home” team while here in Toronto too. (Except when the Phillies come of course)! I went to see the Jays play the Red Sox and I was not disappointed! First, the stadium has a retractable roof and I loved that they have a hotel connected to the outfield of the Rogers Centre SkyDome! Literally, you could see people in the windows of the Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel, put up signs and cheer from their hotel rooms. I love that idea! 

One thing that took me off guard was they didn't immediately play "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" in the 9th inning! Everyone stood up and they played a song called "OK...Blue Jays (Let's Play Ball)"! I didn't know what was going on! My favorite (and funniest) part of that song is when people sing: "Is that a fly ball? Or is it a seagull? Coming in from the lake, Just to catch the game"! However, the next song they played was "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" and that made it feel like home! What a great night out- I can’t wait to see more games this summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment