Toronto Skyline

Toronto Skyline
My new home!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Weather in Toronto & Wimbledon Update #3



 “Unpredictable, Random T-Storms” Rainy Treat

I have noticed the weather in Toronto is often unpredictable, random, and rolls off the lake engulfing the city. There have been many times that I woke up in the middle of the night to thunderous lightening and heavy rain- often jolting me awake. However, just as the rain starts to pour down in the city, the sun often shows itself within 10-15 minutes. It’s a very new concept for me to have the lake effect take place around me, but each time I look out my window anticipating the dark cloud and lightening coming my way. I have a feeling that when it’s winter- I will be updating this blog about the heavy snow that randomly comes to Toronto too! Check out my picture above about the storm that rolled in- you can literally see the darkness taking over! 


Wimbledon Update #3

It was a great match for Venus Williams who defeated Date-Krumm. The real story was the fact that Date-Krumm came back to Wimbledon at the age of 41 after over a decade being out of the game! The last time she played Wimbledon was in 1989 and 36 of the women currently in this championship today were not even born yet! She played an amazing match and had a feel of an old school grass court game by consistently serving and volleying (which is by no means an easy feat vs. Williams). Venus ended up winning, 6-7, 6-3, 8-6.

Sad news for Canadian Raonic today- he obtained an injury that left Muller with the win as he retired from the match after slipping on the grass.  However, Rebecca Marino can still pull out a win for the Canadians as she is playing Roberta Vinci (ITA) now. As I’m following the Americans in this tournament it was a great win for Fish to pull out his match vs. Istomin. Roddick and Isner are also going to play today so we will have to see if they can come through this round with an easy win. I would love to see McHale, (but due to the rain and re-scheduling), it seems as though she has been canceled today and hopefully will play tomorrow. It’s a great day for tennis lovers! 

Image Source: http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/photos/2011-06-22/201106221308746775652.html

No comments:

Post a Comment