Toronto Skyline

Toronto Skyline
My new home!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Yuk Yuk's

"Funny" Treat!

I recently went to Yuk Yuk’s in Kitchener Ontario (located in the Walper Terrace Hotel) and it was the first time I’ve been to a live comedy show! I would think the club could only hold about 100 people but it was great to be so close to the comedians onstage. The MC was hilarious as he picked out people of the audience to joke around with (and yes, I was in that group of people picked out from the crowd)! We also saw comedian Mark Walker who did some great celebrity impressions and had some funny insight into living in downtown Toronto. If you get a chance to see Mark Walker live- definitely check him out!

The history of Yuk Yuk’s is quite extensive in Canada. According to their website, “Founded by Canadian icon Mark Breslin, Yuk Yuk's Comedy Cabarets have the best of the funniest, edgiest comics around. Alumni include Howie Mandel, Jim Carrey, Norm MacDonald, Harland Williams, Rick Moranis, Russell Peters, and many more”. Next on my “to do” list is to visit the Yuk Yuk’s in Toronto!


Image Source: http://www.yukyuks.com/location.aspx?LocationID=6

No comments:

Post a Comment