Toronto Skyline

Toronto Skyline
My new home!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Trinity Bellwoods Outdoor Skating Rink!

 Great view of CN Tower from the ice!


 Great to see so many families out to skate w/ Santa!

 I had so much fun!



Trinity Bellwoods Rink!

I just found out that Trinity Bellwoods Park has an outdoor skating rink open to the public for free! I never had random outdoor rinks around town growing up, so this was a wonderful surprise! (No wonder many Canadians are such good skaters with these all over town)! I even learned about the term “shinny-hockey” which means there are pickup hockey games that are designated at certain times on the ice. What a fun way to meet new people around town!

After gathering my skates and getting to the rink, I was excited to see many families skating to fun holiday music. It made me smile that the rink even went so far as to have a Santa skating around with the kids and taking pictures. I must say this is the perfect location for a fun skate- and I’m so happy it’s right in my neighborhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment