Toronto Skyline

Toronto Skyline
My new home!

Monday, October 3, 2011

Country Strong Wedding

 Hullet Wildlife Conservation Area


 Yes- that is me on a horse (after attending the wedding)!


"Country Wedding" Treat!

This past weekend I went to my first Canadian “country” wedding! I’m specifically referring to the location- as it was held at the Hullet Wildlife Conservation Area. The scenic views where the vows took place were quite lovely to see. The theme of the wedding was to embrace the farmland around the conservation area and the beauty of nature all around us. One of the unique aspects of this wedding was our seats- we were literally sitting on bails of hay! For me- this was a new experience to see at a wedding but it intertwined with the theme seamlessly.

As you can see above- after the wedding there were a group of horses (as people were getting ready to camp in the area) and I wanted to take a picture of them. I don’t normally get to see a bunch of horses together so when I asked to take a picture I got quite the surprise: I was asked to get on the horse! After almost two decades of ever getting on a horse (I had a terrible accident on a horse when I was little) I did it! It was exhilarating to be propped up on the saddle again and I got a few cheers from the other riders on horseback. To the shock of the others in attendance- it became a fun spectacle of myself (dressed up for a wedding) getting up on a horse for the first time. (I got a few remarks of being a city girl). J What a great way to cap of a beautiful ceremony! Where else would I be able to do this other than this country wedding?! This is a first for me here in Canada!

No comments:

Post a Comment