Toronto Skyline

Toronto Skyline
My new home!

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Hockey & Coldplay!

 Flyers stop the puck!


Leafs vs. Flyers


"Hockey" Treat- Leafs vs. Flyers!

So this past week I went to my first hockey game in Canada! I was quite excited (as I know tickets are hard to come by in Toronto). With a big thanks to Jim Gregory (from the NHL) I was able to not only see my first game here- but it was against the Flyers from my home city- Philadelphia!

The seats were great and the place was jammed packed! Although many Leafs fans went away from the game disappointed in the loss- I was quite happy to see the Flyers win! (Ok, I know it’s early but I think it will be a great season for all Flyers fans out there)! Hopefully, I’ll be able to see more games this season!



"Rockin" Treat!

 Coldplay @ MuchMusic's Studio on Queen Street

 Great stage!


Love the new music!

Last night I also had an unexpected “rockin” treat as Coldplay held a concert at MuchMusic's parking lot on Queen Street. Walking home I heard the music and to my utter surprise they were playing a free concert for all to see! They are getting ready to release their fifth studio album, Mylo Xyloto, on Oct. 24 and this promotional appearance was a fantastic idea! The show had fireworks, large video screens, laser lights, butterfly shaped confetti and circular backdrops.

They also played some of their “older” songs like Clocks, The Scientist, In My Place and Fix You- but they played many songs off their new album as well. Songs like Mylo Xyloto/Hurts Like Heaven, Every Teardrop is A Waterfall, and Charlie Brown all sounded great. Click the link to watch some clips of this show from MuchMusic's website. Looks like it’s going to be a great tour!



Image Source: http://www.torontosun.com/2011/09/22/coldplay-previews-new-album-in-free-show

No comments:

Post a Comment