Toronto Skyline

Toronto Skyline
My new home!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Trinity Bellwoods Farmers Market

Trinity Bellwoods Farmers Market

“Tuesday” Treat!

I just love a good farmers market! Before I moved to Toronto I used to visit a fantastic FRESHFARM Market in Washington DC (right by my brothers place in Dupont Circle) which was named one of the top farmers’ markets in the country! However, I have yet to see what is available to me here in Toronto.

The weekends are a great way to spend the day supporting local fare but for me I was quite excited to learn about the Trinity Bellwoods Farmers Market every Tuesday (3-7 pm)! According to the TBFM website their mandate states that they, “…support and promote local and urban sustainable agriculture. To educate the community in the foods they eat, the source in which it comes and how it is grown and/or prepared. To increase community accesses to healthy, local, organic and naturally grown produce, meats and dairy”. I am eager to check it out today!

For an additional list of farmers markets around the area (and times) I also found a fantastic website featuring some of the best farmers markets in the Toronto area. So get out and support your farmers markets!

No comments:

Post a Comment