Toronto Skyline

Toronto Skyline
My new home!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

10th Annual Gone Fishin' Event in Toronto!

 Look at all the Trout for the 10th Anual "Gone Fishing" Event!
Scadding Court Community Centre, Toronto

I grew up as a young girl in the country so every first day of trout season I was always eager to get my line in the water. It never occurred to me if you grow up in a city as a child, you may not have many opportunities to get out on the water and fish. Well, ScaddingCourt Community Centre to the rescue! Recently, I was able to volunteer a school trip to literally “Go Fish” right here in Toronto! The Community Centre held its 10th Annual “Gone Fishing” event where they fill the entire community pool with fresh water and trout! I couldn’t believe it- but everyone I spoke with had rave reviews!

For one week only “Gone Fishing” lets people of all ages come out and learn about the ecology, fishing tips and how to clean your fish if you catch one. Once you get a pole (provided by the Community Centre) they let you drop in a line and wait.

If you catch a trout they even gut and clean it for you to take home for dinner. (Yes, everyone that I went with was eager to bring their catch home to his or her parents). I never thought that I would fish again in a city- yet alone in a community pool but I honestly had so much fun! If you are in the city, it is a family fun event you don't want to miss!


  
Everyone was eager to see if they will catch a fish today!

No comments:

Post a Comment