Toronto Skyline

Toronto Skyline
My new home!

Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Bowl XLVI: No New Commercials Aired in Canada!



Last night was my first night watching the Super Bowl here in Toronto. Let me start by stating that I’m not blogging about the game itself (yes, I was cheering for the Pats) but I’m talking about the lack of new (syndicated US) commercials airing in Canada! Although it was great to spend a fantastic evening with friends in town- I was missing the new television commercials being aired on American television! I had no idea they don’t show them here in Canada!! According to Forbes, “$3.5 million for a 30-second spot in front of 111 million-plus fans” is the cost to make these commercials- and I was disappointed we didn’t get to see them. At least we were following on twitter what commercials were catching the buzz (and we were looking them up online) to watch during the Canadian feed commercials.

For a great website to watch some favorite 2012 commercials aired click here:


On a positive note for Canadian television commercials: Below is my favorite pick last night from Budweiser!


 Feel free to leave comments about your favorite commercial during the Super Bowl too!

Image Source: http://screenrant.com/super-bowl-commercials-2012-aco-149203/all/1/

No comments:

Post a Comment