Toronto Skyline

Toronto Skyline
My new home!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

2012 Red Bull Crashed Ice World Championship, Saint Paul USA




2012 Redbull Crashed Ice World Championships

Ok, I may be a bit late on this- but I have found a new fun sport to watch! If you are a fan of motocross, downhill skiing like super giant slalom or just intense extreme sports- mix those together and you get “Ice-Cross” or “Crashed Ice”! I tuned in to watch the Redbull Crashed Ice World Championships in St. Paul USA and I must say it was awesome! They stated that this sport came back to the USA after a 9 year absence and this race in Minnesota would start the 2012 season. The track itself was set in a beautiful location on Cathedral Hill in St. Paul and the announcers said there were about 80,000 people in attendance!

To further explain what it looks like- this extreme sport has racers in hockey gear,  “ice-crossing” through a downhill ice track about ¼ mile (or 400 meters). The athletes are from around the world but Canadian Kyle Croxall took the win at the World Championships in St.Paul. I’m eager to learn more and watch this sport (heck, I’d love to go down that track too!) but check out a clip from the championship above!


Video Source: http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/en_INT/Video/red-bull-crashed-ice-world-championship-2012-video-021243149167391

No comments:

Post a Comment